This year, I am done with chemo and radiation. I can actually taste most foods now, which is awesome. My appetite is almost back completely. I am ready for this holiday this year, with so much to be thankful for. And I wish all of you a healthy, happy, wonderful Thanksgiving. Remember that pumpkin pie is good for you!
1. Name a color you are thankful for. Purple. Majestic, gorgeous, enchanting, purple.
2. Something your spouse does that you are thankful for. Larry reads to Zane every night. He does all the voices of the characters, and patiently answers questions. I love that.
3. Something your kids do that you are thankful for. My kid is never in a bad mood for very long. He might cry or get angry, but within five minutes, he is back on an even keel. I so wish that I could be more like him and let go of negative feelings that easily!
4. A food you are thankful for. Cheese. Because, cheese.
5. What recent good news are you thankful for? My last PET scan came back cancer free!
6. Name a drink you are thankful for. There's nothing like a nice glass of iced tea on a hot day.
7. Name a restaurant you are thankful for. The 410 Diner in San Antonio, Texas, has the best snapper artichoke on planet Earth.
8. Talk about an animal you are thankful for. I love all animals, but cats are my favorite. Their grace, their independence, their problem solving skills, the total package. I'm grateful that Isobel, my first cat, decided I was worthy.
9. Name a beauty product you are thankful for. Hand lotion. My skin has been itchy since chemo, and I would scratch my skin right off if I didn't have it.
10. Name a cleaning product you are thankful for. Clorox wipes are awesome. I can clean a bathroom in record time, which is good, because I hate to clean bathrooms.
11. What social media platform are you thankful for? Facebook has been a great way for me to share stories with my extended family, who live all over the country. I'm grateful for that, especially since if not for Facebook, I would have never known that the BCRA1 gene runs in my family!
12. Tell us why you are thankful for the last person who texted you. That would be my husband, and I couldn't have survived the last year without him.
13. Name a candy you are thankful for. Almond Joys are awesome. Yes, lots of calories, but they're the good kind of fats. I don't feel a bit guilty about eating the whole bag. Just kidding. No I'm not.
14. Name an app on your phone that you are thankful for. Plants vs. Zombies 2. A fun, addicting game with cute flowers and adorable zombies. A great brain break when I'm overwhelmed, and I am grateful for it!
15. What are you looking forward to that you are thankful for? I am looking forward to being finished with all of my surgeries, which won't be until sometime in 2016. That's going to be the hardest one. I'll be thankful to have that behind me!
In between stuffing yourself with turkey, check out Mamakat's Writer's Workshop
I chose two prompts: 4. What were you doing last year at this time? and 2. Answer the So Very Thankful tag questions found here!