I picked this particular prompt because I thought it would be easy, believe it or not. Piece of cake! I'll have this whipped out in no time! Which curiously leads me to the very first thing on the list...
Five Things You Don't Know About Me
1. My mouth is bigger than my brain sometimes. I often speak before I think, which means that what comes out of my mouth isn't always what is expected. It's sort of the equivalent of a drunk man shouting "Watch this!" before he tries to juggle chain saws. I've improved over the years, but still have my moments.
2. I was in an actual commercial once. It was for the United Way in Washington D.C. in the early 80s. It took all day to film in the hot sun. A bunch of hot and sweaty kids sang a song over and over again while they filmed. I am pretty sure that we all sucked horribly, because I never actually saw the commercial on TV. Ever. If I ever run for office, someone will find the video and use it for blackmail. It is that bad.
3. I sang at the Kennedy Center. In high school I was asked to try out for the county choir, and I actually made it by faking an ability to read sheet music. Oh, and sing. not only did we record an album, we also were asked to perform a Christmas show at the Kennedy Center. That was actually cool, even if it didn't lead to a fabulous career in the music business.
4. I was in a rock band. It was high school. One of my friends wanted to start a band, and I had not a thing better to do. We weren't horrible, if you don't count the time that I completely forgot an entire verse of a song during a performance. Just stood there until I remembered it. Most people who were there still remember that, which is another reason why I haven't been to any of my high school reunions.
5. People seem to faint a lot around me. During the filming of my one and only commercial, my friend fainted. During one of my choir concerts, another one of my friends fainted and fell from the back row of the risers. One time I went to the movies, and a random guy behind me fainted. If I think about it, at least one person faints around me approximately every two years. That's too often to be a coincidence, I think. Maybe it's that electromagnetic thing?
And as for the other Fives, I'm not going to go into detail, but if you want to ask me about anything in the comments, I'll try my best to actually answer.
Five Things I'm Knowledgeable About
1. Special Education
3. Serial Killers
4. Emergency Planning
Five Things I Know Nothing About
3. Combustible engines
4. The Chinese Language
Five Things I Believe
1. No child should ever be unloved. Ever.
2. If an animal is terrified of a person...stay away from that person.
3. A closed mind is usually an empty one.
4. Trust your gut. Or as I like to call it, your spidey-sense.
5. Always try to learn something from every experience, good or bad.
Your turn--what are some things that nobody knows about YOU?
Head over to Mamakat and check out all the wonderful people over there sharing the love! I chose the following prompt: 4. Five Things. List 5 things we don’t know about you, 5 things you’re
knowledgeable about, 5 things you know nothing about, and 5 things you