Prompt: And now, on to our Trifextra. We want you to choose one of the pictures below and give us a 33-word response to it. Your responses will be judged by the community this weekend.
I have had such a horrible week that I completely forgot about the word limit for Trifecta this past week. It was in the back of my mind, but since I usually write when I'm half asleep, and since the story was going so perfectly, I called it a night when I was able to get it under 500. In the light of day, I am glad, for the story's sake. However, I will endeavor to remember the rules in the future. I will even write them down on a post-it and place it on my monitor, where it will stay until the cat eats it.
This one's for you, Grandpa.
My grandfather's pride,
Which once turned the rich, raw earth
Now sits on fallow ground,
Sadly covered in dust.
Old must make way for the New
Yesterday's strongest steel becomes rust.
This weekend's challenge is community-judged.
- For the 12 hours following the close of the challenge, voting will be enabled on links.
- In order to vote, return to this post where stars will appear next to each link. To vote, simply click the star that corresponds with your favorite post.
- You can vote for your top three favorite posts.
- Voting is open to everyone.
- You have 12 hours to vote. It's not much time, so be diligent! We'll send out reminders on Twitter and Facebook.